5 Ways to Find Natural Health and Wellness SolutionsJune 6, 2022
Do you ever feel like you’re stuck in a rut when it comes to your health? You’re not alone. It can be tough to know where to start when making changes for the better. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. From the benefits of personalized supplements to self-education, here are five ways to jumpstart your natural health and wellness journey.
1) Honesty and Acceptance
Practice honesty with yourself and accept that you need to do something to improve your health. By starting here, you can make a plan on how to move forward. This ensures you address actual issues, minor or major, and keeps you from pursuing Band-Aid solutions.
As we age, we’re at a higher risk for developing health issues, so it’s important to be proactive about your health. First, assess your current health and identify areas that need improvement. Then, create a plan of action to improve your health in those areas. For example, consider changes to your diet, exercise routine or lifestyle habits. Whatever the case, making a plan will help you stick to your goals and see results.
2) Educate Yourself
Educating yourself on health and wellness is one of the most important steps you can take on your journey to better health. By learning about the different aspects of health, you can make informed decisions about what changes to make and how to implement them.
There are tons out there to help you learn more about health and wellness. Books, websites, blog posts, articles and podcasts are all great places to start. Once you better understand the basics, you can start digging deeper into specific topics that interest you. As you learn more, you’ll be better equipped to make sustainable changes that improve your overall health.
3) Listen to Your Body
Your body is a fantastic machine. Just remember that it is constantly giving you clues about your health. But we too often ignore these clues or write them off as something minor. Your body will tell you what’s up when it comes to your health and wellness. It’s essential to listen to it and pay attention to what it’s telling you.
If you’re feeling run down or constantly tired, your body is trying to tell you something. This might be tough to hear, but maybe you need to cut back on caffeine or get more sleep. Goodbye late-afternoon espressos and late-night movie watching. Or perhaps you need to make more significant changes like switching to a healthier diet. Whatever the case may be, listening to your body will help you figure out what changes you need to make for better health.
4) Find a Health Practitioner You Trust
When it comes to making changes in your health, it’s important to have someone you can trust in your corner. A good health practitioner can provide guidance, support and advice as you change your health. Many kinds can help you, such as a registered nutritionist, a naturopathic or holistic doctor or even a good family doctor.
Finding a practitioner you trust is an important step in your journey to better health. Once you’ve found someone, ask lots of questions and share your concerns. This way, you can make sure you’re on the same page and working toward common goals. Then, be sure to schedule regular appointments to stay on track with your health goals. By working with a trusted practitioner, you can make lasting changes in your health.
5) Make Small Changes
When it comes to making shifts in your life, small changes can impact your health and wellness. Just think about it. If you eat an extra serving of vegetables each day or take a brisk walk for 20 minutes, you’re already making a positive change in your life. And these changes don’t have to be complicated or time-consuming – even simple tweaks to your routine can make a big difference. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Eat more whole foods – Fill your plate with fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein. You will be getting essential nutrients, but you’ll also be avoiding processed foods that can be high in unhealthy fats, sodium and sugar.
- Cut back on sugar – You might be surprised to learn how much sugar is hiding in foods you regularly consume. For example, did you know a can of soda contains about 40 grams of sugar? That’s the equivalent of 10 teaspoons. So what’s a good alternative? In this case, opt for unsweetened beverages or carbonated water instead. It doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Get active – Physical activity is crucial for overall health, but you don’t have to go to the gym to get moving. Taking a brisk walk in your neighborhood with a friend or going for a bike ride are great ways to get active and enjoy doing it. And, if you can, try to do it outside in nature – being in nature has been shown to have mood-boosting benefits.
- Find ways to relax – It’s essential to unwind and relax, especially if you’re constantly on the go. Stress can harm your health, so it’s important to find ways to manage it. Taking a yoga class, meditating or spending time with friends and family are great ways to relax and de-stress.
5) Plans Lead to Success
When it comes to making changes in your health, having a plan is the key to success. Without a plan, it’s easy to get off track or become frustrated. But if you take the time to sit down and map out what you want to achieve, you’ll be more likely to stick with it.
Before you start planning, refer back to our first point about accepting where you’re at. This is an important starting point because it will help you be realistic about your goals. From there, you can start thinking about what changes you want to make and how you will make them.
Here are a few things to consider as you create your plan:
- Start with small changes – As we mentioned before, making small changes is a great way to ease into healthier habits. Addressing issues like dry skin and thinning hair can be as easy as adding a better moisturizer or shampoo to your routine. It may also mean working with your doctor to address a deficiency. But, regardless, starting small will help you make lasting changes without feeling overwhelmed.
- Set realistic goals – It’s important to set realistic and achievable goals. Then you’ll be more likely to stick with your plan and see results. For example, if you’re dealing with a low sex drive and want to get things back on track in the bedroom, setting a goal to have more intimate time with your partner two or three times per week is probably more realistic than trying to go from 0 to 60 overnight.
Also, be realistic about what the goal involves. Not everyone can get their libido back without help. You may need to speak to your holistic healthcare advisor or family doctor about hormone testing, supplementing and other solutions.
- Make a timeline – Once you have your goals in mind, it’s helpful to create a timeline or schedule for yourself. This will ensure that you’re making progress and help to hold you accountable. For example, if one of your goals is to eat healthier, you might set a goal to cook dinner at home four nights per week. Then you can make a meal plan and grocery list for the week ahead.
- Get support – Making changes in your health is a lot easier when you have the support of others. So, whether it’s your partner, friends or family, lean on them for help and encouragement. You can also seek out support groups or online communities related to the changes you’re trying to make.
Hopefully, this article has inspired you to experiment a little with natural health and wellness solutions. There is so much potential for self-care and personal growth when we open our minds to new possibilities, and the best way to find what works for us is to try out different things. So it’s time to get creative and have some fun with your wellness journey. What do you think you might want to try next? Let us know in the comments below and keep the conversation going.
Infographic Provided By Stephen Wallace DDS